Paneer Makhanwala: My veggie butter chicken





Who doesn’t love paneer? It’s a fresh cheese made with cow’s milk buy curdling the milk and pressing the solids in a cheesecloth. I haven’t attempted to make the cheese from scratch yet, but I’m sure I will at some point. The recipe for this is identical to the way you make butter chicken and I find it’s a hearty dish to serve especially when you have vegetarian guests.


400 gms paneer
½ onion
1 chilli chopped
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
2 cups tomato paste
½ cup heavy cream
Spices – ½ tsp turmeric(haldi), ½ tsp chilly powder, 1 tsp cumin powder(jeera), 1 tsp coriander powder.
Salt
Pepper

Heat some oil and fry the paneer. We do this to seal the outside so it does not crumble and fall apart in the gravy. Paneer tends to sputter when it hits the oil so be careful. Add the dry spices. Fry the onion and chilli. Add the ginger and garlic paste. Add the tomato paste. Cover and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Add cream to your taste. Add salt and pepper.

3 comments:

  1. Karen, this looks delicious! I'm trying out this challenge to comment on 20 Blogs tonight and I wanted to try one of your recipes, masala anything is my favourite! Keep up the great recipes, love how you guide us through it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe is as similar as which i eat in an Indian restaurant in Calgary, my experience is awesome, Thanks for giving such a wonderful knowledge about it, now i am going to cook at home with the help of your blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Professionally composed web journals are uncommon to discover, be that as it may I welcome every one of the focuses specified here. I likewise need to incorporate some other written work abilities which everybody must mindful of. Japanese restaurant

    ReplyDelete