Peas with mushrooms and mint


At the very last minute, we decided to host a IIFA viewing party. My friends and family are used to receiving a spread and who am I to disappoint? I had to rely on my fridge and garden to put together something really quick.  Another good pantry staple is my Dry Spiced Potatoes.

3 cups frozen peas cooked in boiling water
1-2 cups brown mushrooms chopped fine
1 cup chopped fresh mint
I onion finely chopped
2 tomatoes chopped fine
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp pav bhaji masala
2 red chillies
Salt/pepper

Cook tomatoes in separate pan till they form a purée. Fry onions. Break up the dry red chillies into small pieces and add it to the hot oil. Add the mushrooms and sauté for a minute. Add the cooked peas and all the dried spices., salt and pepper. Add the mint, stir all the ingredients together cover and cook for a few minutes. Add the tomato purée and cook for another minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment