Portuguese Deviled Eggs: It’s peri peri good

Deviled eggs have been around forever. I created this recipe for my International theme when I competed in Come Dine With Me Canada, but it was cut as my menu was just too long. Before I knew it was going to be cut from my menu, I boiled 36 eggs trying to get a perfect peeled egg. I still screw it up sometimes.



I have the weirdest luck with boiling eggs, either the shells slip off or they have to be pried off piece by piece. I have to say I boil and say a prayer each time.

6 hard boiled eggs
½ cup mayonnaise
Dash of peri peri sauce
1 tsp Peri peri rub
Dash of paprika
Salt pepper

Cut the eggs in half and scoop out the yolk. Mix in the mayo, peri peri sauce and rub, salt and pepper. Mix well and fill a piping bag with a large star tip. Pipe back into eggs. Sprinkle with a little paprika and pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment