Butter Chicken




This needs no introduction – it is literally the first thing that comes to mind when you talk about a popular Indian recipe. This is rumored to have originated in the Moti Mahal restaurant in Delhi when the chefs tried to make a gravy out of leftover Tandoori Chicken – some tomatoes and cream later, Butter Chicken was born. My recipe is super easy and I have shared it with many of my friends over the years who make it religiously.

Ingredients

2 lbs cubed boneless Chicken
Tandoori marinade

1/2 stick butter(1/4 cup)
Oil for frying
1 onion sliced
2 green chillies slit
 2 tbsps chopped Coriander
Spices - 1 tbsps Pav Bhaji Masala, 1 tsp each red chilli, 
turmeric and cumin powder
2 Roma tomatoes blanched and pureed
1 cup tomato puree/paste
1 - 2  cups cream
Salt to taste

Process

Marinate the Chicken overnight


BBQ the chicken till seared but not fully cooked

In a sauté pan or deep vessel, fry the onion and chillies till golden brown, add the coriander, remove and keep aside. 

Add the butter and all of the chicken, followed by the spices. 

Add the pureed fresh tomatoes followed by the tomato puree

Cover and cook for 10 - 15 mins till the chicken is cooked

Add the coriander, fried onions and chillies  and salt to taste
 
Add the cream.  Serve hot with rotis or rice!

13 comments:

  1. This recipe looks yummy, delicious and healthy. I eat this in an Indian restaurant in Calgary.that was awesome experience,I am going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting such yummy and delicious dish. I have visited many websites i feel this is best among.
    Showing this recipe in steps order with beautiful images makes me to cook immediately.I have tried it. I got the taste, If you want to try our chicken tikka masala recipe visit http://lekhafoods.com/india/non-veg-curry/chicken/chicken/chicken-tikka-masala.aspx
    After trying our recipe please provide your feedback with good response

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this great recipe! I tried this with my new
    nesco digital pressure cooker My family loves a good curry but it is a hassle to prepare for a weeknight meal. Until now! My daughter said this was way better than the curry I usually make and she is right! We love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its so delicious!! i trying to this recipe and blogger also nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great recipe i ever tried. I tried this recipe with my family and my family members love this wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this recipie is amazing and no one would never miss to add pepper masala to the preparation


    Raw Honey Online, Black Pepper Online, Buy cardamom online

    ReplyDelete
  8. The recipe looks delectable & healthy. I am glad that I came across your blog as I was looking for some Indian Chicken Recipes to try for this weekend. Yesterday I found Authentic Tandoori Chicken Recipe on a site. I have added both of these to my bucket-list. I believe my family would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's very delicious!! Thanks for posting such a yummy and delicious dish. I like this type of food. I know a Indian Restaurant in Geneva they also serve this type of delicious food.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Delicious recipe. Everyone can get this type of recipe from
    Indian Restaurant in Geneva.

    ReplyDelete
  11. healthy meals delivered Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Südindische Spezialitäten Hühnchen Biryani, Fischcurry. ... saftig marinierte Hähnchenburst gegart in Tandoor ... Gekochte Eier in einer gewürzten Soße. Jetzt besuchen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this recipie is amazing and no one would never miss to add pepper masala to the preparation
    Indian food near me

    ReplyDelete