Say Cheese!

Last week I was possessed with the spirit of the diet fairy and I bought a tub of cottage cheese. Of course after I tasted it, I came to my senses. Throwing away good food is very anti Indian so I experimented and turned it into delectable mini breakfast muffins.

K-rating - Aaron and I loved it, Mac was on the fence and Adam ate a fried egg instead!

3 medium eggs
3/4 cup cottage cheese drained
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
Salt, pepper and a pinch of paprika or chilli powder
1/4 cup turkey bacon cut in strips
1/4 cup sliced spring onions

Sauté the spring onions and turkey bacon. Cool and when cool chop finer. Beat the eggs and cheese together, add flour, salt, pepper and chilli powder. Fold in the turkey and spring onion mixture. Fill in mini muffin cases and bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 20 mins. If you use regular muffin cases you will need to increase the cooking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment