Fluffy Pancakes


 Many many years ago, a coworker and a close friend Laurel McGregor, bought me a Donna Hay magazine. At that time, I didn't even know who she was but was fascinated by the magazine and the recipes in it. I decided to try my hand at Blueberry pancakes that promised to be light and fluffy. Donna Hay, does not lie, these pancakes are amazing. Over the years, I've made this many many times - blueberry, chocolate, regular and they are greeted with delight every single time. Try this and I promise you won't be making box mix pancakes again!

Ingredients
3 egg whites
2.5 cups sifted flour
3 cups butter milk
3 tsps sugar
3 tsps baking powder
Splash of vanilla essence


Process
Beat the eggs still stiff and keep aside

In the stand mixer, alternate between the flour and buttermilk and keep scraping the bowl

Add the sugar and the baking powder

Add the vanilla essence

Fold the egg mixture into the batter

Drop into a hot pan with oil, cook for a few minutes and flip

To make chocolate pancakes, simply add chocolate chips

No comments:

Post a Comment